Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

A Word from Wendy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WendyGamble, April 9, 2020.

1. WendyGamble

WendyGamble New Member

Hi all!
    I'm Canadian, eh? On this fine April day I have a heap of snow in the yard. I write assorted things, but have been focusing on a science fiction series for about a decade. Novel two is nearing completion. A typical encounter with another person might go something like:

Wendy typed and typed while her husband waited for attention, muttering,” I just need to finish my sentence.” Finally she looked up, and he quipped, “I was beginning to think it was a life-time sentence.”

I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all.
    My first novel, Earth and Beyond: MedSci Missions 1 is up on Amazon.​

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Hi Wendy,

Apologies for the lack of delay in anyone saying hi, but I'm looking forward to chatting with you too.

All the best with your novel and with the all-important follow up. We have a few people around who like Sci-Fi, so you might find some fellow enthusiasts.

If you don't mind me asking, how many novels will there be in the series?

3. WendyGamble

WendyGamble New Member

For starters there's the "opening trilogy." I'm nearing the end of the second. From there the series is planned to go on for infinity. Besides the threads to pick up on and flesh out in more novels/stories, I'm hoping to expand into comics. I have a promo script and a Volume one "Metasapian Menace" script. We meet the Metas in novel two, Ripped Genes. I have authors and plots pencilled in for a short story anthology I plan to start putting together a few years from now, after the trilogy is out. So I'm on the look-out for other writers who might want to join in. This setting/universe started out as a group creation and I'd like to get it opened up again in the future if people want to.

4. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Wow. That sounds like a lot of writing ahead for you and your future authors.

All the best going forward.

I've added a link to the first book here if anyone is interested.

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Heh - I love the pandemic warning you have added to the description.

Site Sponsors