Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

After the 1st Draft

Discussion in 'Writer's Lounge' started by Jordan, 13 Dec 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Does anyone have tips or suggestions for tackling editing and revising? Thanks to NaNoWriMo, I've written something I'd like to work with more, but re-writing or re-working it seems daunting.

2. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

Congratulations on your NaNoWriMo work. Way to stick with it! You could try running it through a software program if you don't want to proofread it yourself. You can find someone on Fivver who is willing to give it a go too.

3. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

If only it was polished enough for that! As I went along my story shifted and it's a little out of order. Guess it's time to try my hand at understanding Scrivner a bit better so I can work on rearranging it.

4. Donna

Donna Member

I find it better to look at only one part of my work at a time. I would be overwhelmed with editing or proofing if I looked at the whole thing. It's like losing weight. Instead of thinking about the 20 lbs. you need to lose, look only at the first 5 lbs.

Jordan likes this.
  5. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I appreciate the advice, Donna. That's a great way to look at it. Right now it's all one document, but I think I can easily separate the scenes and go from there.