Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Alarming! New virus leaking

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Nocturnal Thinker, September 21, 2020.

1. Recently a news comes out about the zoonotic type of bacteria that has leaked from the pharma lab of China.

This bacteria could infect animals especially pets like dogs and cats. This is called brucellosis.

It was reported that more than 3 thousand Chinese were already affected. They experienced body malaise like headaches, muscle pain, and fever.

We are crossing our fingers that it won't become pandemic.

2. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Brucellosis has been around for years. A course of antibiotics sorts it right out, but you can live through it without. I live in a farming town and we've a case or two, and it's in Herriot's books when he had it back in the fifties. He wrote more books.

It doesn't spread person to person, so it is hard to imagine how it could go pandemic. Don't eat unpasteurised foods.

3. Thank you for such informations. This is the first that I have heard this kind of bacteria so I am a bit alarm for I thought it is a new bacteria.

At least I know and I don't have to be panic. It's but a natural reaction for me for its symptoms are similar with a flu like headache, fever, muscles pain. Besides it leaks from the China pharmaceutical lab. So it will cause so much apprehensions.

Moreover there are already more three thousands Chinese were affected. So that kind of bacteria could be treated right away. Couldn't it?

4. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

5. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

It should be. I grew up around farms, and they handled it well enough. I did have a look at the Hindustan Times and they say that there's still no sign of person-to-person transmission, so it is either being caught from the original airborne release or from animals infected by that leak.

6. But the latest news said that there are 3,000 people were affected in the North-east China. Why are they so many? Is not dangerous?

How can that disease or bacteria be contained? Will take months or years?

I'm just worried for it might be politicized and making the people panic and they will get money from it.

What's your opinion?

7. Terry

Terry Member

I don't think a known bacteria which can be solved by a course of antibiotics is a lot less to worry about then COVID-19 or its many variants.

I would say it's unlikely to get across, if it hadn't been around for as long as it has as mentioned in previous posts.

Politicians making a mountain out of a molehill - sorry, there is not one alive who would not consider using the opportunity.

Site Sponsors