Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Are the boards broken?

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Tregaron, 21 Mar 2018.

1. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

When I look at the front page it sometimes shows the last thread name correctly, but not the last thread poster. For example Scribblings shows "Monday" as the last thread but says @tirial posted it, but it was posted by @jessica. @tirial has not posted in the thread.

I do like having the forum descriptions available, but I don't know if you are aware that they do not show up on mobile devices. Could they be added for Kindle users?

2. tirial

tirial Member

I've had a look and the boards aren't exactly broken. It seems to be an issue with Xenforo and our moderations plugin.

We have a couple of the boards on pre-mod so new threads have to be approved before they are visible. It looks like if a poster has created a thread that is still in premod, the front page of the boards shows the name of the top visible thread, but the name of the poster who's thread is top of the moderation queue. (Yes, IT bods get to go through moderation like everyone else.)

The descriptions not showing up on mobile devices I don't know about. That's one checkbox buried deep in Xenforo, so it might be the theme, or Xenforo itself. I'll have a look, but I make no promises.

3. tirial

tirial Member

And I also just spotted another one that's throwing the poster name off - posts removed still show the poster as last poster, even if it is for something as simple as a duplicate post.

4. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I believe I have spotted another issue. I compose my posts over some time, and sometimes leave and come back to them. I was replying to Zelda this morning, but I noticed I was shown as the last poster on the thread when I logged in just now, even though I have not yet made my saved reply live.