Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Are you currently working on anything?

Discussion in 'Writer's Lounge' started by natalie, 30 Oct 2017.

1. natalie

natalie Member

I seem to always have ideas bouncing around in my head but have really only been working on a couple of things...things I've been working on for a while. The first idea I've had for about six years now, the second only for about a year, and only really just gotten somewhere in the last few months. What about you all? Share details if you'd like!

2. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

This last month I've been prepping for NaNoWriMo, mostly getting to know my characters so I can throw them into something.

Other than that, I'm a writer in thought more than action. I keep a lot of notes and have characters, ideas, and settings in folders all over the place, but they're still waiting for me to make something happen.

I'm reading Chris Baty's book No Plot? No Problem! and his belief that a lack of deadline is what prevents people from getting started really hits home with me.

3. natalie

natalie Member

Jordan, I feel like we're kindred spirits. I'm exactly the same way. I just have notes everywhere. I'm a bit of a notebook junkie. Hopefully we can both make it happen this year! That sounds like a great book and I can totally understand how not having a deadline is detrimental. I'll have to check that one out.

4. tirial

tirial Member

Right now I'm just installing and updating DragonSpeak Naturally, for NaNoWriMo. I have a few ideas, but they are staying in my head until midnight!

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

All work related, so nothing related to writing. I did have an idea for Nano though.

Ellie Jane likes this.
  6. Anna

Anna Member

I've never heard of that program before but it sounds pretty brilliant! Have you worked with it in the past?

I have an idea for Nano but I haven't even started yet. Work has been taking over my life. But I guess there are always going to be excuses. I need to just sit down and write.

7. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

What's your idea? Are you planning to sit this one out til next year?

Tirial, do yo like Dragon Naturally Speaking so far? My mum still loves it and uses it regularly, but it takes a while to train. It seems to take a lot of patience. I appreciate the advice you gave me about picking out that type of software!