Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The sub forums have all been merged into Time for Tea. Hugs and Good News remain seperate and may be removed rather than merged due to confidentiality concerns.
    Dismiss Notice

Argument on a train

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by Kindler, May 12, 2018.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

On a packed commuter train, why do an obviously unhappy couple decide to start having a major argument with each other? From what they were saying it, it didn't actually seem like that much was going on, but they decided to air out all their dirty laundry in one go.

I and the other commuters were just generally keeping our heads down as they kept on and on picking at each other until some elderly guy, I'm guessing from the US given the accent and logo on the baseball cap, told them that no-one wanted to hear their own personal domestic and could they stop spoiling everyone else's day. They kind of shut up at that point and slunk off at the next stop.

Do some of these people not realise how loud they are and what impact they are having on everyone around?

2. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

If someone is that wound up, they might not care. Once an argument starts many people tend to focus on being right rather than polite, even on a crowded train. As someone recently subjected to two teenagers with a boombox on the upper floor of a bus, I can truly sympathise.

Site Sponsors