Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Back into Lockdown

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Flash Harry, September 22, 2020.

1. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Expletive. Expletive.

Expletive.

Screw this for a game of soldiers.

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

And this time they are now closing all the cafes - table service only - just so they can be sure to wreck any writing time.

3. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Looks like London is getting completely locked down again as well.

I'll give it a few days before the word finally comes out and it will be one person to a shop again. The panic buying has already started so that trolleys are getting full and the queues are getting long again.

It's alright first thing in the morning, but by lunchtime the queues are back.

4. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

So they missed 16,000 covid cases because their excel spreadsheet maxed out. Who the hell uses Excel for mass data management anyway? Who the fuck is running their IT, the muppets?

5. In our country Philippines, here are the following latest records of Coronavirus: Cases: 324,762, Deaths: 5,840, and Recovered: 273,123.

It's around 84% recoveries against the total number of cases.

Only very few places are placed under granular lockdown. Some places are enjoying the general community quarantine status. Some are modified GCQ.

Nevertheless the people are enjoying this so-called new normal life. Some businesses are opened but yet strict observance of health protocols like wearing of mask and face shield, and are so required.

6. tirial

The current UK death rate is under one percent, and yet the government reintroduced all the curbs.

- We're not allowed to meet in groups of more than 6
    - There's a 10pm curfew
    - University students aren't allowed to leave Halls of Residence.
    - Most social activities are completely curtailed. For the rest if you don't tell the government where you are through the NHS app, you can't use them. Effectively the entire population is ankle-tagged.

And the government has tried to push everyone back into schools and offices and onto public transport, despite working from home and home schooling working for the last year. Most companies are saying no.

7. porridge

porridge Member

Ye're lucky. We've the wee ginger lass saying 'tis back t'full lockdown fro' 7 on Friday. 'Tis only Glasgow and Edinburg that ha' the damn thing, n'these r'cases nae deaths!

8. CatInASuit

Don't ask. You really don't want to know how much of business is run from Excel spreadsheets.

It's one of the finest business tools invented. That doesn't mean they have to use it for EVERYTHING!!

9. tirial

The rumour I keep running into is Friday at 7 p.m. with a lot of suggestions that Nicola Sturgeon pre-empted the government, and the ockdown;s being driven by the fact that they're idiots who used Excel instead of a database and they've discovered they have 16,000 more cases than they thought.

10. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I am not looking forward to another lockdown at all.

The first one was understandable and, for all intents and worth, necessary. But it was there to break the back of it and for the country to survive, prepare and be able to get somewhat back to normal.

Another lockdown is just plain shoddy work from the government not doing it's job properly.

11. CatInASuit

And Wales is going into a full two week lockdown where everyone has to stay at home.

I was surprised that it wasn't the government but is actually the Welsh Assembly led by Labour. I guess they can be more draconian after all.

12. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Winter is coming, and politicians think blankets and kettles are non-essential. I wish these people would try living up in the hills where we do. I'm so grateful it is warm under a four-dog pile. The politicians must just be planning to hibernate, like the other cold-blooded creatures.

13. porridge

porridge Member

I feel for ye, lass. We've the wee Kranckie as t'South calls t'woman, doing us nae favours at all. Pub's shut n'nae chance fur a dram or several.

14. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Porridge, this joke has been going on for ten years, and the accent is veering towards Yorkshire. I won't count it as bad grammar if you want to drop it.

15. porridge

porridge Member

Gads, away wi' ye! Ye din nae say ah'm fro'Yorkshire? Ye're aff yer heid!

16. skye

skye Member

Glasgow to English Translation: Polite No.

17. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

So Wales is in full lockdown, Scotland wants to be in full lockdown and England can't make up its mind which part should be in what kind of lockdown. It's a stealth countrywide lockdown in the making.

Does anyone know what the Isle of Man is like these days? I don't care if it is a little colder and wetter. Just as long as it is a little more sensible.

18. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Well thank you @Kindler, it seems the government has now decided to send us all into lockdown.

19. CatInASuit

I'm so glad I got my hair cut done yesterday before the lockdown, otherwise it would be in a state for the next few months.

Site Sponsors