Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman - Here we go again.

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Kindler, September 6, 2020.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

So shortly before he gets COVID, it looks like Robert Pattison is going to be the new Batman. The trailers have just come out and it looks like they are going for the dark and gritty again.

This time he is up against the Riddler and Catwoman and I have to ask myself what kind of continuity are we going to get with the other movies, or are we going to a complete reboot of the character and situation, more Elseworlds than anything else.

In some ways they can't remake the original films because they are a product of their time and led into the even better Batman Animated series, which is still to be surpassed. Joker was it's own Universe, so I have a feeling it's nbot going to be connected to anything other than it's own peculiar world. Bit like the Nolanverse.

So, what should I be waiting for: another director's idea of what Batman should be or continuity with the movie DCU?

PS: Blue Monday still makes an awesome trailer soundtrack for WW84.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Well if you are going to have a reboot of a franchise, might as well throw in a remake while we are at it.

Latest trailers for Dune have appeared and look, well, remarkably good. They have also got an excellent supporting cast with several of them purloined from multiple DC/Marvel movies. It's also going to be a two-parter which makes a lot of sense as there is just so much stuff to fit in.

Now, if only they would remember that there was an excellent mini-series which pretty much nailed it, but it seems all the publicity is how it is better than the David Lynch version and that is such a low bar to clear.

3. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

As for continuity - I think they are spawning off the Batman universe into it's own universe. I think the next Justice League movie could be a little interesting, if they swap out Ben Affleck for Robert Pattinson and no-one comments.

Although by that point, they will have Black Adam aka the Rock in his own movie as well, so who knows...

Site Sponsors