Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Books of the 21st Century

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Kindler, October 14, 2020.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

So here is a list of the Best Books of the 21st Century.

Hey, It's a list so it's obviously going to be wrong to some degree, but what struck me was how few of those books I have read. What was even more curious was how many of those books I had even heard of, maybe half of them and this is on books released over the last 20 years or so.

I'm wondering if it's because I read a lot more indie books than mainstream, but there are a few I only know about because I've seen it as a movie.

So how many of the books did you recognise, and how many have you read?

2. Terry

Terry Member

I love a good list, although maybe not that one. Lot's of books on that list I haven't seen let alone read or even enjoy. I think I have read a couple of them and those are the Pratchett and Rowling ones.

As a list from the last 20 years, I suppose I could do with picking up and reading some of them, if only to see what the literati are considering la creme de la creme of the modern stuff. ::rofl::

Any suggestion which one to start with?

Site Sponsors