Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Book crossing

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by HattieMoon, 26 May 2017.

1. HattieMoon

HattieMoon Member

Does anyone here participate?

The idea, for those who don't know, is that you read, label and then 'release' a book into the wild - or in other words leave it somewhere for another reader to find and enjoy. The finder will hopefully register where and when they 'caught ' it on the BookCrossing website. Instructions are inside the book.

2. Triss

Triss New Member

This is the first time that I've heard of this but it sounds like a marvelous idea for those who read physical books. I mostly read ebooks these days as it's more convenient.

3. Joanna

Joanna New Member

I also have never heard of this but I definitely like the concept. It's similar to what we used to do with money notes when we were young, but this is infinitely better and certainly more educational.

4. jessica

jessica Active Member

Is this like Paperbackswap where you can trade paperbacks with other people?

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I've seen a similar thing going on at some railway stations where you can bring your own book along and swap it for one on the shelf. All done in good faith as well.

6. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak New Member

Hiya - I like my books too much to think about leaving them around for other people to find. I have enough trouble with people folding pages or writing in them.

7. Kharyode

Kharyode New Member

I hate seeing my books been missing use. So therefore I don't give it out. I dont Know why some people can't handle books. I don't leave it for others to see and carry or read.

8. Julia

Julia Member

I think that this is a great idea! I just went and checked out the website. This would be a great thing to do with kids. I think it'd get them more excited about reading.