Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

News Bookangel Bought out by Poission Books

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Bookangel, 1 Apr 2018.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Bookangel is proud to announce that it has been bought out by Poission Books. In the unprecedented sale, each member of the original club will receive £1.5M for their rights.

"That will pay for a few sheepdogs," said a well-known member from Tregaron, who asked to remain nameless. "We are somewhat concerned that a certain person may be buying out a few local pubs with his share of the spoils."

Poisson's CEO, Avril Poission has said she is delighted with the sale. "It's been a long march to reach this point, but it gives our distribution service an excellent way to shower readers with books."

Subscribers should see no difference to the services and newsletters they receive, as Poisson have decided that initially the site can continue to run from the club kitty. A larger money box has been purchased in preparation, though certain members are uncertain whether the Jumbo-Ultra Secure My First Moneybox will be sufficient to hold £1.5M, or whether they should have spent the extra on Fisher Price on the grounds "those things are indestructible".

Happy Easter Sunday/April Fool's

2. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Time to build that small extension/library I've always wanted.

3. porridge

porridge Member

No, lass. That's just me bar tab!

4. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Given that it is now 12:00, this is, of course, an April Fools.

5. tirial

tirial Member

Now it is after 12...

So that's what you wanted that blasted news scheduler for? Just so you didn't have to get up on Easter Sunday!

6. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

You could have told me....I was left wondering what was happening and I knew nothing.

Even if that is a common state of affairs.

7. jessica

jessica Active Member

**Groan**

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Ha...Ha...Hahahahahahaha.

Ok, that's pretty amusing.

9. tirial

tirial Member

I've just realised... "shower readers with books". April showers...
    Better late than never. @Bookangel, your jokes are worse than mine.

10. Terry

Terry Member

You know, I missed all those jokes the first time around.