Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying eBooks with Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Guest Posts, May 2, 2019.

1. Guest Posts

Guest Posts Guest posts from site or old accounts

You've got bitcoin ads on here. Where can I buy ebooks for bitcoin in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
  2. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Giftoff does Amazon.co.uk vouchers for bitcoin. I haven't used them, but they say they do. AAVE does BTC-2-Cash, but there's something just putting me off about them. It's kinda too easy.

3. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

If Giftoff does AmazonUK Giftcards, does this mean that Bookangel could accept Bitcoin again? I know we stopped because of Shapeshift problems. It would be a new service for the club though. @tirial?

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Let me put your right off AAVE.

Not recommended.

We phoned them up about their service last week. It sounded promising, but they verify through Veriff. Veriff's own FAQ states that they are not at this time certified under PCI DSS or other security standards, and host your personal data and uploaded documents on the web (Amazon Cloud) not on air-gapped servers. They also don't state they are GDPR-compliant: they state their host is, but that just means Veriff's own data (their account, credit card paying for the hosting etc) is protected, not that Veriff is using the third-party data Veriff holds in a compliant manner.

And they are another one that wants a photo of you holding ID - uploading one of which is the fastest way to compromise your online security permanently.

5. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

FFF..........Furrgeddaboud that then.

6. tirial

We've actually used Giftoff for a test transaction and it went really well. No complaints here.

Excuse the shill, but here's our affiliate link: https://giftoff.com/

Shapeshift still doesn't have any way for clubs to register, but if you want multi-crypto support we could do possibly something for you with Flyp.me and Giftoff to get Amazon vouchers for the review fund.

7. Duckie

Duckie New Member

So you can get the vouchers for Amazon, but is there anywhere to buy ebooks or books directly?

8. tirial

I know this is an old thread, but I just noticed Giftoff are now doing Waterstones vouchers and National Book tokens.
    and they take Bitcoin for both. Just in time for Christmas! They don't do ebooks, but they do do books.

(and here's our affiliate link: Buy gift cards online & earn loyalty points - if you want to give us a Christmas present without spending anything, click here before you buy.)

9. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I'm sure book tokens are still around, but I haven't seen them in a long time. Most of my associates seem to have replaced them with Amazon vouchers instead.

While that is still kind of them, it doesn't have quite the same meaning now Amazon is a corporate behemoth instead of the online bookseller it used to be known for.

Site Sponsors