Quantcast

Camp Nano?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by jessica, 7 Jun 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Is anyone doing the Camp Nano thing this July::coffee::? I'm kinda used to thinking of Nano as being in November, but this looks a bit new.

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

It's like a virtual area where you can either set up with a bunch of friends to cheer each other on to complete a project or by grouped with a bunch of strangers to do likewise.

Chatting and cheering on an unknown bunch of strangers could be quite fun if you get a decent group.

Then again, I'd probably be the guy sat by the virtual campfire drinking beers while the others go off and do virtual outdoor activities.

3. PageTurner

PageTurner New Member

I've never done it before. I only ever seem to remember that Camp Nano exists a few months after it's already happened. I don't have any friends who do Nano, so I'd have to be grouped with strangers. I'd end up being like you, @Kindler. Still, I have fun sitting around and drinking in front of campfires while others go off and do their thing, so maybe I'd like the virtual version as well. It might be worth a shot, especially since Jessica has so kindly reminded me of its existence in time to sign up.

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I missed the one in April, but right now I'd have trouble getting down to their wordcount. That's if I can manage to write it while typing up the last months notepads' worth.

5. penumbra

penumbra New Member

I've never even heard of Camp Nano before. I couldn't see anything about the word count for the camp, @tirial. Is it still 50,000 words?

I think it's interesting that you can be paired up with other writers who are writing the same genre as you are. That's incentive enough for me, honestly. I'd love to be able to pick people's brains and/or brainstorm general ideas. I don't know if that's what the camp really entails though.

6. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis New Member

Probably not. I have no idea what to write about:D

7. tirial

I have the same problem. I spend the first week of Nano brainstorming ideas and the next two frantically writing them. This camp Nano thing wants me to put in details of the story first, but how do I know what it is about if I haven't written it yet?

8. porridge

porridge Member

'S Easy. 'My Novel' 'bout stuff' by 'me'

9. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

How on earth do you make the wordcount for these things? I have great respect for those who finish it, but I won't have time to even attempt it this July.

10. jessica

jessica Active Member

That's Easy:D!

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

:p

11. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think that might just be considered 'cheating'.

12. tirial

13. jessica

jessica Active Member