Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Captain America Civil War - Nope: Deadpool

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by jessica, 31 Dec 2015.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

I can't wait until May! The trailer looks great, and it seems to tie everything in, and it sounds like they're going to kill a cast member.

Is there anything else Marvel out before then? If there's more buildup I want to see it! :D

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Well, it's not exactly the same Marvel universe, being run by Fox instead of Disney, but Deadpool in all its 18-rated glory will be hitting the big screens in Feb.

The Disney movies have got a great track record. Fox has a not-so-good track record. I'm hoping Deadpool lives up to the trailers.

3. porridge

porridge Member

And its proper Deadpool, nothing to do with that other movie...

4. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I haven't gone yet, and I'm so glad that's the green band.

5. CatInASuit

...and the earlier one. There's another trailer out as well, in both Red and Green Band format again.

I do like that.

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

So rather than Chris *dreamy* Evans you'd rather see Ryan Reynolds in latex? :rolleyes:

7. CatInASuit

There's a picture of Deadpool in a Tutu, but I don't think it's suitable for, well, anyone really.

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Deadpool looks like it should be a lotta fun. This is one time I'm glad it's a reboot cos his appearance in Wolverine was terrible, as in nothing like the comics.

Civil War looks like it should be good as well. Most of the main players are around, it may as well be Avengers-lite and they haven't done a bad movie yet. Ok, Iron Man 2 was close.

9. skye

skye Member

I saw the earlier versions, and please, please, Fox, get Deadpool right this time.

10. Terry

Terry Member

Let's be honest - no matter what they say, that wasn't Deadpool.

On the topic of Civl War - does anyone know how they are going to fit in all the stars. We've got cameos from a lot of the Avengers, the new bunch that is, Ant-Man is supposed to be in their somewhere, let alone Spiderman in some form. Oh and Black Panther has definitely been seen in the trailers. I hope they get that one right, considering he's got his own film coming up shortly afterwards.

11. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I haven't seen the other Deadpool appearances, but I take it they were not close to the written character. In other words they produce a similar reaction in the fans as someone claiming Asimov's Susan Calvin appeared in that movie does in me.

12. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Deadpool - the Merc with the Mouth. A non-stop, trash-talking, 4th-wall breaking anti-hero.

So they made him a mute with a sewn up mouth.

Stupid or what!

13. skye

skye Member

It's Hollywood, I guess.

I heard rumours they were going to kill off Ant-man in civil war. I hope it's not true!

14. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well if they do, it could make Ant-Man 2 a really short movie.

15. jessica

jessica Active Member

*Sniff* but I like Ant-man :(

16. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Wouldn't worry - general rumour says there will be Ant-Man 2, this time including The Wasp as well.

Be nice to see another strong female character in the MCU.

17. Terry

Terry Member

I'm just hoping they don't decide to go the same route as the series it was based off and decide to use their own MCU version instead.

18. skye

skye Member

Are you sure you don't mean "Be nice to see Evangeline Lilly and Catherine Zeta Jones in tight spandex"?

19. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well, if you mean more shots of CZJ doing what she did in Entrapment, without the really stupid movie around it, then why not, I'm all for it.

20. porridge

porridge Member

If you mean more shots of Catherine Zeta Jones & Evangeline Lilly doing what CZJ did in Entrapment with a better movie round it, I'm all for it too!