Quantcast

Companies insisting on phone calls...

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by tirial, 12 Jun 2018.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

It seems to be a new thing but, dear companies, when I ask for details on your service in writing, asking me to call you is no good at all.

If you can't answer a yes/no question about your service over email, why would I think you are professional enough to work with?

And finally, if the RFP we put out specifically says, "put your initial application in writing" asking us to phone you just proves you can't read and puts you straight behind every other company we are working with.

You are not 'making a personal connection', you are showing you have no respect for my time and pissing me off.

I'm really getting to the level of wanting to charge consulting rates for my phone time...

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

It's the new marketing zeitgeist, the personal touch will answer all your problems in making and keeping clients because you can sure how much you understand their needs and can communicate it back to them.

Give it five years and it will be back to the minimum of efficient service required when they realise the amount of time it takes on both sides getting in the way of earning cash.