Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The sub forums have all been merged into Time for Tea. Hugs and Good News remain seperate and may be removed rather than merged due to confidentiality concerns.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Cat...

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by tirial, May 9, 2018.

1. athersgeo

athersgeo New Member

(Not really) Dear Loki

I know we said you were very brave and deserved all the treats on Saturday for saying hello to The Boy and letting him rub your ears, but.

But.

Snacking on the freshly baked egg muffins yesterday evening was not on. Not least because you tried all four (!) in the pan before deciding that they weren't to your tastes.

Rat bag.

Yours

The underwhelmed cook who is now short four breakfasts this week...

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Dear Matilda,

As old and crochety and set in your ways as you are, since when did you decide that sleeping on top of us was now the acceptable thing to do.

Is this purely to ensure that Sophie knows her place in the pecking order.

Yours,

The sleep-deprived slaves

athersgeo likes this.
  3. CatInASuit

Dear Sophie,

Ok, we admit it, you are a hunter.

From hanging around with foxes, to what you did to that poor, yet very large, spider and finally today, when you bought in an adult dragonfly which you then chased around the lounge until I could rescue it and put it outside.

We get it, but I dread to think what will happen if any birds cross you path.

athersgeo likes this.
  4. athersgeo

athersgeo New Member

Dear Loki

*points up*

That is the behaviour of a cat.

What you did on Friday night...was not.

Granted, we're quite pleased not to be dealing with copious quantities of corpses, but stealing mum's cable needle (!) in its holder is not something to be encouraged.

Or were you so feed up with her knitting you figured you'd take direct action?!

Yours

The slightly perplexed substitute food giver

CatInASuit likes this.
  5. CatInASuit

Dear Matilda.

Please get well soon - the house is so empty without you.

Yours, the ones who want to steal just one more moment with you

+ + + + +
    Three years to the day that Stephen was taken to the vets before he passed away, Matilda was admitted as she had not eaten for a couple of days and continued to lose weight. She has been at the vets for 4 days and counting, and she has a drip in one paw that annoys her all the time and had a feeding tube inserted to ensure she gets some sustinence.

We have managed to get her to eat a little bit on visits but nowhere near enough. We've been told at least twice that she should be able to come home the following day only to find out the following morning that she just isn't eating and still losing weight.

We now dread she may never come home, even if it is for one last time to be held, tickled and loved. The moments without her are hated while we cannot hear her purr, or see an ear poking out from somewhere in acknowledgement of our overly loud footsteps.

Everything else is currently on hold with those affected being most understanding, including the winners from the Stephen Memorial Award for Distinctive Cats.

Currently nothing else matters.

6. athersgeo

athersgeo New Member

So sorry to hear this - I hope you've been able/are able to bring her home and give her all the cuddles

*hugs gently*

CatInASuit likes this.
  7. CatInASuit

Dear Matilda,

Even if you think you have recovered, you still need to take your medication.

This does not mean keeping it in your mouth, swallowing obviously, followed by walking down the hall, ostentatiously looking round and then spitting it out before hiding away in parts unknown.

I mean, seriously! E:tired:

+++++

Matilda has recovered from her sojourn to the vet. We just need to keep filling her with food for the weight lost...

...and trying to get her to take her pills.

Don't let the tone fool you, we have her back and we are so grateful.

athersgeo likes this.
  8. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

We got her home, but argh...

Dear Matilda,

While you may be feeling under the weather and not like eating, which we can understand, you cannot go nil-by-mouth for a week at your age! Seventeen-year-old cats who refuse to eat to the extent they lose a tenth of their bodyweight in two days worry owners and vets. When they continue to lose weight and refuse to eat to the extent they need a feeding tube and drip, this worries them more.

So when it turns out that the medical problem was fixed within two days of you getting to the vet, and all the further complications and medical bills were caused by you not eating...

Dammit cat! Why do you do this to yourself? And to my credit card.

Regards,
    Your owner.

P.S. The vet has approved the all-Dreamies diet if it gets some weight back on you.
    P.P.S. The offense to her dignity makes us even. The top half looks like a cat. The bottom half has been shaved. I have photos.

9. CatInASuit

Dear Sophie,

Ok, now we know what will happen if a bird does indeed cross your path.

Did you really have to bring in a live bird for us to see which then proceeded to flap around the house. After that, you then decided to chase it around again while we try to get it outside.

I hope they have all migrated away, for their sakes, if not for ours.

Yours, one set of slightly panicked owners.

10. athersgeo

athersgeo New Member

Dear Loki

Huh.

I was all prepared for you to do the hide-behind-the-sofa routine when I got home, having been away two weeks, but it turns out that you actually did miss me.

I won't say you're actually being friendly (don't want to go too far, now!) but you're not being quite as standoffish towards me.

Yours

The startled substitute food giver

PS *points up at Sophie's antics* please don't follow Sophie's lead - we went through that with Felix and Jessie and Oddy: we really don't need go through it with you as well. Maybe stick to cable needles!

ear rubs and cuddles to Matilda - I hope she's taking to the all dreamy diet

CatInASuit likes this.
  11. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Der Loki,

Mew. Ignore the foodgiver. Folow in my paws. The clashy glowy cables and the noisy fings that throw white sheets out are good gooshy prey. Have found the truth: the white things wiv black marks on them it spits out shred well with your claws. And then foodgivers get upset.

Granny finks I is nuts, but she old.

Regards,
    Sofie

P.S. Yes, her normal prey are printers and USB cables. She will snatch sheets off the printer before they are finished. We got really worried when we caught her sucking the end of a live laptop charging cable that she'd pulled out of the laptop. Insano kitty.
    P.P.S. We keep having to wake Matilda up to feed her, or she'll just sleep through her feeeding times. Back to the vet at the end of the week for her check-up. Fingers crossed.

CatInASuit and athersgeo like this.

Site Sponsors