Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Review Dinosaur Lake

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bookangel, 24 Jan 2016.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Dinosaur Lake

If you're into monster books, as long as you don't mind genre-blind characters or just want to turn your brain off, you will love this. I mind both, and I...well, I enjoyed it.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Jan 2016
  2. atry

atry Member

I love this book. Yeah it has flaws, but it's a dinosaur monster movie (book). Haven't you ever seen Valley of the Gwangi? So bad it is AWESOME!

3. Guest Posts

Guest Posts Guest posts from site or old accounts

Thank you Bookangel for showcasing my Dinosaur Lake book (and series) and thank you Bookangel Reviewer...you GOT the book. It's meant as a pulp fun-ride like the sort of SF books I read as a child in the 1950-60's; unbelievable. Most of my other novels are more serious horror, time-travel or murder mysteries. I originally wrote this 23 years ago (that's why the technology is so light) and after publishing 21 other books between 1984-2012 with traditional publishers I self-published this one as an experiment in 2012. It's my best-seller hands down ever. Love your site. I love England and always have!!!

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Genre-blind characters huh? I am not sure I exactly know what that means or what it looks like, but I am pretty sure I would be okay with it if the overall story is still pretty good. I do like a good monster story too, so shutting my brain off for a little bit sounds good to me.

5. clair02

clair02 Member

Whenever there is horror, science fiction or murder mystery, sign me up! This sounds like a great read and I can't wait to dive into it. I know I don't know what genre-blind means either, but I'm looking forward to finding out after I read this story.

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

Genreblind: when there's a noise in a dark house, during a powercut, after a warning there's a killer on the loose the genreblind group of teenagers will split up and investigate using small easily blown out candles. (Like every teen slasher movie ever :( )

The genre-savvy ones will barricade themselves in a room and use mobiles to call the police. While getting heavy objects and finding lanterns which aren't easily blown out. (Like Buffy :))

Bookangel likes this.
  7. Guest Posts

Name: Kathryn Meyer Griffith

Hi Bookangel
    thanks again for running a post on my Dinosaur Lake first book in the series....
    since you ran this last year this series now has a FOURTH book, Dinosaur Lake: Dinosaur Wars. The series, along with a murder mystery 4 book series called Spookie Town Murder Mysteries, are still my best-sellers. And both first book in series are STILL FREE everywhere. Happy holidays!

Last edited by a moderator: 23 Nov 2017
  8. Terry

Terry Member

I believe Reader has already read the fourth book in the series as part of the readathon.

Good to hear from you again and all the best.

9. Belle

Belle Member

I just finished reading this book, and I have to say, I love this novel. It's full of suspense and realistic, compelling characters. It's definitely gone up the list of my favorite monster horror books!

10. Guest Posts

Name: Kathryn Meyer Griffith

Again thank you Book Angel for highlighting my DINOSAUR LAKE. And...now there are 3 more sequels. It is my best-selling series besides my 4 book Spookie Town Murder Mystery series.

Last edited by a moderator: 31 Mar 2018