Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Elon Mush sued!

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Mine all mine, September 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Musk called a cave diver 'pedo guy' and said that if what he said wasn't true, the guy should sue him. Well, guess what? I hope Musk loses hard.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Elon Mush huh? :whistle:

Brain probably is through chemical use, although I'm sure he would claim otherwise.

ONe thing not to do is try and go after the SEC though, this could get messy.

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well, he will shortly be giving up his twitter feed as part of his deal with the SEC. So quieter, and probably more dull for Tesla then.

4. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Apparently this case is going ahead to a full trial after all the delays and back and forth and Musk saying it was still only in jest.

Will be interesting to see where this one goes in terms of freedom of speech vs slander.

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Heh. Just seen the typo in the thread title.

Still works nicely.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy New Member

From what I had read Elon Musk is the founder of Paypal. He is also behind the space ship that will go to Mars. I don't know if that case is for a hype only. Let us wait and see what happens if the case will progress.

7. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

The lawsuit was resolved last year. Apparently Musk was cleared in 2019 because the US court held that calling someone a pedophile in writing is not defamation, as it was an insult that he learned in South Africa (according to the New York Times). Accordin to the same article, the fact he explicitly called the man a "child rapist" in an email to Buzzfeed was something the judge told the jury "was not the subject of this case".

For the record, this board disagrees. If anyone here indulges in any of that type of behaviour towards anyone else we can and will ban you.

This thread is old news, so I am closing it, unless anyone has a substantial update.

If so, PM me to reopen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Site Sponsors