Quantcast

ENGLAND SEMI FINALS!

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Flash Harry, 11 Jul 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

2. Terry

Terry Member

I feel sad it has come to an end, but proud of how far the young team has gone.

3. penumbra

penumbra Member

Man, I really wanted to see a France vs. England match.

You should be proud, Terry! England played very well. I'm super impressed by Trippier (what a great name, by the way) and Pickford.

People are already predicting that England's prospects look good for 2022.

4. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Most of the squad are young. A few years seasoning and they'll be great!

5. Terry

Terry Member

It amazing how little top level experience they have, and I mean in internationals or the major championships like UEFA Champion's League.

They will get better.

6. skye

skye Member

True. Did anyone really expect them to get this far? We were joking about them washing out on penalties before the final eight, but they got to the last four.

7. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

They lost 2-0, for 4th. Still better than any team since 1990. Can't complain.

8. porridge

porridge Member

France 4 Croatia 2, so ya lost to second place.

9. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Yeah, but Top 4? No shame in that!

10. jessica

jessica Active Member

So was no one watching Wimbledon this year?;)

11. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Ah, John Inverdale. I'm not sure which is worse, the "Woof" comment or "That's the most convincing service she's had in a long time". Both are crass. If only he could try to be funny.

12. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I shall admit I was watching the football. John Inverdale does not do the commentary on the football.

13. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Hey, look on the bright side. The yearly debate over women's pay in Wimbledon was drowned out by the roar of "EEENNNGEEERRRRLAANNDDD"! Couldn't tell you who won, could tell you John Inverdale stuck his foot in it.