Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook pulling out of Europe?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Mine all mine, September 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

It's a lot of posturing, but I'm cynical if anything will happen.

I will be surprised if much changes out of it, but Facebook can just leave all it's data in an Irish data center and not send it back to the USA. It's not like they don't have the money to change it and the EU is a big enough market they would not want to leave.

Amazon is pretty much one step ahead of them in those terms.

3. I think it is more money matters. The currency that doesn't fit or favorable to the Facebook company.

I would probably add more guess the terms and conditions that don't meet the consensus between the FB and the Europe. Or it is being sanctioned by the American government. Who knows?

4. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Thye article's pretty blunt that the problems are regulatory: Facebook shares data with third parties and transmits it to the US, the EU has made that a finable offense under GDPR. The EU tells Facebook to shape up or get out, Facebook throws its toys out the pram.

Site Sponsors