Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

General Election UK 2019

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by CatInASuit, November 2, 2019.

1. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Ok - so here we go again for the third election in five years, not including THAT referendum.

Please use this thread to convey your particular feelings towards parties, policies and anything else election related.

Maybe this time we can get a working majority out of the bunch who will do something useful instead of wasting more years on brexit.

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Voting is going to be fun given that it will be sunset at 5pm and knowing the British weather it will be both cold and raining heavily.

I'll be watching with all the popcorn for this one.

3. Terry

Terry Member

Watch as all the Leave parties cannibalise each other, and the Remain parties do the same.

And it's not going to change much, it never does.

4. porridge

porridge Member

So the Parliament's been dissolved and they've got their runnin' orders to the sound of fireworks'n'celebration.

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

This has got be the most screwed up election so far.

Candidates are dropping out like flies, wildly stupid promises are being made and accusations of all sorts are going on.

This is the Thick of It made flesh.

I was right about the popcorn. :rolleyes:

6. Terry

Terry Member

Only two to go, why does it feel like it's been going on forever.

Are we there yet?

7. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

I think it's seeing Channel 4 empty chair Boris with a lump of ice that I begin to fear for my sanity.

C4 decided to use it instead of letting Michael Gove participate although some would say he was probably colder than the ice.

8. Terry

Terry Member

Yeah, but I thought we were electing a party to run the country. I can't see Boris running every department.

Actually I can't see Boris running any department other than the attempt to be engaging part

9. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Wonder how many more twists and turns we are going to get.

I'm also not sure I have seen a trustworthy politician in the wild yet.

Still I'm enjoying Andrew Neil making mincemeat of them. Only worthwhile thing so far.

10. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Well I have been bombarded by leaflets of all colours and descriptions.

All of them decrying the opposing political parties and all of them offering to make my life better in a variety of ways.

I never knew there were so many options.

Site Sponsors