Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Government skills quiz?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by tirial, October 8, 2020.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

So the government launched its official "what career would you be good at" quiz. According to the Evening Standard it is making everyone Boxers, but I didn't believe that.

I got best suited for "Creative Work", right after the government said everyone should be getting out of creative work. Oh, and Sports. Apparently there's quite a market for visually impaired Boxers. I guess I stand corrected. (The second offer it gave me was Referee...)

If you want to see if you can get something insane, the quiz is right here.

Home | Discover your skills and careers | National Careers Service

2. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

It says I should be a chefE:coldsweat: or a cake decoratorE:fearful:E:fearscream:. I can't cookE:pensive:!

3. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Apparently, I am informed, I should be working in a brewery. I believe I have porridge's results, unless there's suddenly a demand for someone of my years in alcohol manufacturing? I could even obtain up to twenty-five thousand pounds, which I'm sure is enough to live on in my current area. My second option was microbrewer, so it seems I am wasting my retirement as a book reviewer and editor.

Some of these questions are poorly worded to say the least. I have rarely met anyone who is not motivated by success.

4. The result of my career evaluation is more on creative and media job like copy editor with a starting salary of £22,000 to £40,000. Well it suits my talent in writing which is my passion.

5. Terry

Terry Member

Don't worry, apparently I should retrain as an actor.

Even though they are shutting down all the venues as part of the lockdown, so that would make me an unemployed actor, or a struggling one at least. I've heard of suffering for art, but does it have to be government mandated suffering. It's not like they haven't done enough already.

Site Sponsors