Quantcast

Hey!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by penumbra, 14 Jun 2018.

1. penumbra

penumbra Member

I joined the forum not too long ago and figure I better do an introduction before I forget to do it completely. I'm a 29-year-old girl named Ginny. I live in the United States but I wish I lived in the UK like a lot of you fine people. Writing and reading have been passions of mine for as long as I can remember. It's only within the past few years that I've gotten really into reading indie. I used to dabble, but now it makes up a large chunk of my reading (outside of research that is). It took me a while to get a Kindle but once I did, I started reading indie left and right.

Psychological thrillers and mysteries are probably my favorite genres at the moment. I love reading everything though. If I had to choose a least favorite genre, it'd probably be romance.

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Hi, penumbra!

Oh, you and @Reader will get on just fine:)

3. penumbra

penumbra Member

Hey, Tirial! Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I always feel sort of guilty when I turn my nose up to an entire genre. There are definitely some good ones out there, they're just not usually my thing.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hey there, thrillers and mysteries you say. Excellent.

5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Hey there, Ginny! My Kindle and love of fanfiction are what got me into reading indie authors. I do love a good psychological thriller and/or mystery. Have you read anything lately that you'd recommend?

6. penumbra

penumbra Member

@Jackie, what kind of fanfiction do/did you read? Unfortunately, I haven't read a whole lot lately in the thriller/mystery genre that has really thrilled me. The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland was pretty solid though! What about you?