Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

His Dark Materials

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Kindler, November 2, 2019.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Following the dramatic success of the film (the golden compass, it got lost), it looks like Auntie Beeb is making a series of His Dark Materials.

I've read the books and they are pretty good, so I wonder how they are going to manage putting it on the small screen. It has to be better than the film adaptation but I don't hold out too much hope.

Me? I'm just looking forward to seeing Dafne Keen (who was totally excellent in Logan) more opportunity. Although the rest of the cast does not look too shabby.

2. Terry

Terry Member

Are they doing all the books or are they just covering the first like the film did?

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Dammit. I missed it.

4. Terry

Terry Member

Caught the first part on catchup @Kindler and watched a couple of times.

It's pretty good and if it's 8 episodes for the first book only at least it's got a chance to play out fully.

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Thanks for the heads up - I get the feeling, I'll be binge watching the lot in one go.

How do the characters compare to the film so far? Assuming you've seen it of course.

6. Terry

Terry Member

No idea what it's like compared to the film and I'm probably not gonna see it anyways.

Second Ep. was pretty good and I'll be following this one. Probably through iPlayer again, but at least it will be there for a while.

At least they've got Mrs Coulter as cruel and vicious as she needs to be.

Site Sponsors