Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

#IWSGPit

Discussion in 'Writer's Lounge' started by C. Lee McKenzie, 15 Jun 2017.

1. If anyone has a story to pitch to an agent or editor, The Insecure Writers Support Group is hosting a Twitter Pitch Party July 27. It runs from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time. Right now there are over 30 Literary Agencies signed up to participate.

The details are here. Insecure Writer's Support Group: IWSG Twitter Pitch

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I've stumbled the page and sent out a first tweet this morning. We'll see what else we can do to get word out.

3. Terry

Terry Member

All the best with it. Hope it all goes down well.

4. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Good luck. May your authors find success.

5. Alex J. Cavanaugh

Alex J. Cavanaugh New Member

It's going to be a great event!

6. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Good luck to all who enter! May many pitches be successful.

7. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

If you are now having to tell people to tweet only once per hour, I think this is already a success. If I may say, some of the pitches make me want to read the book.

8. Demi

Demi Member

Wow, I didn't even know that these kind of events happened. It would have more my life easier when I published my first book. Hopefully, I'll have the time to drop a pitch today.

9. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I noticed one of our old writers made a pitch. I hope that means she is getting better because I know health problems stopped her writing for a couple of years.

200 pitches an hour is a fair number, so I would say this was a huge success. My congratulations to the people who organised it.

10. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I would be interested to know how it went?

11. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I'm guessing they are all worn out from it and are taking some well earned time to recover :D