Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The sub forums have all been merged into Time for Tea. Hugs and Good News remain seperate and may be removed rather than merged due to confidentiality concerns.
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen hygiene fail

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by tirial, July 15, 2018.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

My husband, while cooking, decided to dispose of the pizza base by opening the bin and pushing his hands down on the pizza base (right into the bin) to compress the garbage because the bin was nearly full. This is the same bin that the cat litter waste goes into.

I then had to tell him to wash his hands before returning to cooking because he wasn't going to, despite the fact he was prepping the food with his bare hands, and still putting the pizza toppings on. He was surprised when I refused to eat the food. As he cannot find a link online that tells him not to put his hands in a bin while cooking, he thinks it is perfectly acceptable.

He insists that this was a perfectly clean thing to do. I think it was disgusting. Please could other people weigh in?

2. Gemini

Gemini Member

I'm with you on this one. Even if he didn't directly touch the trash, the trash can and trash bag are home to plenty of germs. I'd think that's even truer when you have things like cat waste decomposing in there. Here's an article about all the diseases that could be lingering in your trash can, just in case he's interested.

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

4. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Ugh, especially with the cat waste in the bin!

5. penumbra

penumbra Member

Gross. I'm getting sick just thinking about it. The cat waste really puts it over the top. Has he been convinced that he was totally in the wrong on this one?

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

There's nothing wrong with that...if you don't mind everything you're gonna get on your hands when you do so.

That is so bad an idea about not washing your hands even if you weren't cooking, but doing it while prepping food, you have to ask if he wants to catch some of the really nasty bacteria and viruses that live in those places and then wind up ingesting them.

Yuck!

7. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I think the universal "yuck" on here has convinced him, or at least convinced him that Google doesn't have all the answers. To be fair, if you google "jump off a cliff", none of the results from their neutral index tell you not to...

8. penumbra

penumbra Member

That's good to hear, @tirial. Oh yeah, it's hard to doubt that Google might not have all of the answers sometimes. That's sort of unsettling. You would think at least one result would be like, "Might not be a good idea," or something.

Site Sponsors