Quantcast

Little things that really annoy you...

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by tirial, 12 Jul 2018.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Right now, UPS (Ok, so they're not small but...).

I ordered something I needed fast by priority, with full delivery instructions. The shipper used UPS. UPS claimed they delivered it. What they actually did was dump it in a newsagents four miles away in the next town...

This is driving distance. There's no public transport on that route. I am, for the PC among you, visually-impaired. (For the non-PC that's blind as a bat.)

And UPS can't redeliver until Monday, when it is needed this morning and the collection point opens 5:30 to 9:00 *headdesk*. Seller gets one star. I get an hour and twenty journey each way.

UPS: £6.00 shipping, the customer pays £20 in taxi fares.

2. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

I guessed where this was going from Useless Parcel Service.

3. PageTurner

PageTurner Member

Haha, Useless Parcel Service. That sounds about right.

That's awful, @tirial. I hope you gave them an earful and they aren't expecting you to pay for the priority shipping. That's ridiculous. (PS. I had no idea it wasn't PC to say blind. Just goes to show how far behind I am on what's PC and what isn't.)

4. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Me either! I have a blind friend, she says she's blind (no vision at all), because she's not visually impaired. *I* am visually impaired - I wear glasses.

5. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I'm an awkward one. My prescription shifts radically on a daily or weekly basis - too fast to get new glasses made each time - so how well I can actually see in practice varies from reading large print to white cane and voice control. The hot weather is a killer as it makes it worse.

The thing that really gets me is people doing the waving hands in front of face to check if I'm really blind. Even at my worst I can hear them moving, so of course I'll stop.

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

People not moving down inside buses:mad:. This morning the whole downstairs was packed and the doors were nearly blocked. When I got to the stairs and went up, the upstairs was emptyo_O. I was literally the only one up there until the driver announced he wasn't going anywhere until people moved up:rolleyes:. Why block people like that?

7. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Queue jumpers. There seem to be so many at the moment. I blame the weather.

8. Jackie

Jackie Member

This one is probably petty but it annoys me when people put really expensive things on their wedding registries that fall under the category of 'personal gifts' and not 'wedding gifts'. My friend is getting married and she has camera lenses on her registry that are all $1,000+. Yes, I said all. There's more than one. When my cousin got married, she had an $800 television on there. Another one of my cousins is getting married and she has a $150 dog bed on it. It just seems ridiculous to me.

Those are some of the worst kinds of people. It's super annoying when people seem to think that they're above the rules because whatever is going on in their life and/or their time is more important than everyone else's.

9. jessica

jessica Active Member

I'd noticed that:rolleyes:. Someone walks up, looks at the queue, and WALKS TO THE FRONT:mad:!! I really laughed when the cashier sent them back to the back:love:::rofl::.

10. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Spelling and grammar errors in newspapers, particularly when they are in the headline. The Guardian may be notorious for this in its printed edition, but now that they are online, the rest are catching up. Does no one spell check their content?

11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Headline typos are the worst.

I don't know what program these writers use that doesn't have spellcheck built into it. They should probably stop using it though. I can be a little bit more understanding with grammar errors (depending on what it is) but there's just no excuse for spelling errors. I would say that I could understand names since spellcheck can be iffy with those but they should really be making sure they get those right.

12. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis New Member

ISPs hijacking my browser. Mispell an address = get dumped on a search page:mad:!

13. Zelda

Zelda Member

When I've waited forever for someone to text me back, go to send a followup text, and realize that I never sent the first text; I've either only replied in my head or typed it all out and forgot to hit send.

...Is it weird that my response to this is something I do?

14. jessica

jessica Active Member

:(How long have you been with Virgin::lol::?

::lol::I blame the phone entirely;)!

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Aug 2018
    Zelda likes this.
  15. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I was going to say BT...