Quantcast

Lord Carey blaming women?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by jessica, 25 Jul 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Basically he says that he delayed the investigation into Peter Ball, a pedophile priest, for two decades:eek: because women priests and Diana's divorce distracted him "a perfect storm of events":mad:.

So he thinks women are to blame for one man abusing children, and another man covering it up for twenty years so he could keep doing it? Wonder what the Catholic church blames, because they don't have any.

2. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Sadly I am beyond the point where a person in power saying something extremely stupid is an event I am surprised by.

The saying that 'Power corrupts' is sufficently old that I would have thought he had heard it at least once in his life. If a person truly has no understanding of the damage power can do, they have no business having it.

3. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

4. Gemini

Gemini Member

I'm just now getting around to reading up on this.

But...what about all of the other time he could have addressed this over the 20 years that he knew? I also don't get how he had no concept of the fact that a priest might abuse his powers that could do harm to others. It's not like this century is the first time there has ever been a corrupt priest.

Those poor victims.