Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Mood lifting stories?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Ellie Jane, 1 Jan 2018.

1. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

The chilly weather and non-top political drama are doing my head in. Which stories do you read for a bit of happiness? Do any authors write mostly positive books so I'll know who to look for in the future?

2. Donna

Donna Member

I call them feel good stories Ellie Jane. I do remember reading Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls and enjoying it very much. He is an American author who also wrote Where the Red Fern Grows. Summer of the Monkeys is hilarious in many places. I think you would enjoy that one. Also, try looking at some Christian writers. Their stories are almost always uplifting.

3. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Since you're dealing with non-stop political drama, I recommend checking out Awakening A Leader's Soul: Learnings Through Immortal Poems by Gaurav Bhalla. It's a non-fiction book that's all about how leaders need to be guided by their humanity rather than their supposed genius. It's interspersed with poetry because he thinks that's the best way for us to learn and get in touch with our humanity. It's beautifully written and really makes you think.