Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

NaNoWriMo 2019

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Bookangel, October 31, 2019.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

The place for NaNoChat and NanoBooks for NaNoMonth.

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I'm doing it again. If I can come up with something to write. I've got about 1,000 words of notes written this morning but nothing in story form.

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

This time of the year again - oh grief no.

4. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

Writers Block. I am frustrated.

So I'll take a challenge for NanoWrimo on Scribblings: a Worm multicross fix-fic. Give me characters, and I shall make a fix-fic out of them.

I don't write in chronological order, so things will jump all over. Words may not be written at all.

5. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

You know this thread went out on Twitter, right::rofl::?

I've message you a guy. Guess its one u already write.

6. tirial

I've sent one I think you will have no trouble with.

7. Bookangel

This is probably why we have been flooded. I am so very glad Scribblings is a Members Only board.

8. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

You can always finish the Mossie story. Just sayin'.

9. jessica

jessica Active Member

Writing Publicly:eek:? Brave Guy/Gal/Internet Personage:up:!? Can I suggest anyone at all:love:::suss::?

10. Bookangel

Board rule: No real people. Fictional characters only.

11. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Then I shall present you with my own writing challenge: take the most evil character in the existing setting and make them your hero, or one of them.

12. tirial

You might want to check the Members queue by tomorrow morning...

13. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

@tirial @jessica @Mine all mine you all suggested the same character. Choose someone else, or I can throw in a sister?

@Duck, Okay, but I'm not familiar with the universe. Give me time to research.

@atry, Ok. I'll probably want more details, and please tell me you're [modedit]unmerited copulation reference[/modeedit] kidding about the group.

Last edited by a moderator: November 2, 2019
  14. tirial

Sorry, but with everything going on with Matilda, that's probably not happening for a while. This might be one of the years I don't complete NaNo.

15. atry

atry Member

Sorry, I can change it if you want.

16. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

17. jessica

jessica Active Member

I'm fine with a sister!::geek::::coffee::

18. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

No, don't worry. I'm writing.

So, three mass-murderers, a supervillain, and an investigative reporter walk into a bar, along with one of the sickest things I have ever heard. Story will be adult-rated and posting starts Monday. Target is 20,000 words, not in any particularly order.

19. tirial

So, I, I have to ask.

What on earth have they done to their website?

I logged in last night to try and upload my first chapter and this new look is completely broken on voice control. Overlaying divs won't let me select distinct controls, I have to burrow to get to the sections I need to work on because they aren't easy to reach from dropdown menus anymore, and half the content is off the screen horizontally and requires scrolling.

Did they do any accessibility checking on this, or just figure they'd support tablets only and forget anyone who doesn't use Android?

For the first time in years I might not bother to update my count and just get my husband to upload it once I am done, if I even bother with that.

P.S. I don't care about my historical works. Dump them off the front page on some backwards archive if they have to be there at all, and just put me straight to what I am working on now.

20. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

It appears you are not the only person to ask that question:
    NaNoWriMo

Site Sponsors