Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

NaNoWriMo 2019

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Bookangel, October 31, 2019.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hmm. Approximately zero.

So on course to match the last few years. ::rofl::

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I got a friend to help me update my Wordcount earlier today, to mark it as complete. This is my tenth year of Nano, and my tenth success.

The site has just wiped all of the previous years wins, and apparently now has this as my first year.

From a developer's and coder's point of view, bugs like that should be removed before the beta, far less the live date.

I am less than happy.

3. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Well for all of you still tackling NaNoWriMo, I wish you all the best.

I'm having enough trouble getting more reviews done since the cold set in. I can't tell if it's reviewer's blck of a brain freeze in general.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hi - it's your birthday. On your special day why don't you give us some money?

Gee NaNoWriMo - let me think...are you KIDDING ME??

Since when did anyone think this might be a good idea?

5. porridge

porridge Member

Ye're joking right? Right?

Any updates on the challenge? Not sure why all the writin's Worm. I tried t'read it once and got about as far as Chapter one, when three lasses did things t'a third tha' me teachers would ne'er be 'avin.

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Having read it, it reminded me of several inner city schools where bad things happen to the kids.

BBC was doing that in the 70's and 80's - only they called it Grange Hill instead.

Wonder how this bunch would do with McClusky and Bronson instead of Blackwell and Gladly?

7. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I'm guessing you didn't see the winners package this year then? A set of PDF certificates that don't work ("these form fields are corrupt", money off writing software that winners have just completed a novel without using, and seminars of free publishing solutions or a Scribd imprint with no current titles, submission guidelines or publishing history.

Sigh. Better than nothing?

8. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

I hate you. Stop giving me ideas or I shall have to start shooting my plot bunnies.

9. jessica

jessica Active Member

::devil::Write it. Wrriiiiitttteee itttt....::devil::

10. porridge

porridge Member

heh. "Bullet" 'Slip on the wet floor did we, Emma?' Baxter. He'd no be putting up wi' their fash.

Last edited by a moderator: November 26, 2019
  11. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Dooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt!
    You know you want to.....

12. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

Pay. Me.

Oh wait, I already wrote it.

13. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I sincerely hope those schools are fictional. After looking up the first chapter I can only imagine the reaction of my teachers and faculty if that were to occur in any school I attended. Now I have imagined it, you will excuse me if I have a stiff gin.

14. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Heh - Nice one, glad it doesn't remind me of my school days at all.

15. jessica

jessica Active Member

E:coldsweat:E:fearful:E:fearscream:Headteacher SMASH!E:fearscream:E:coldsweat:E:fearscream:

16. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Ah, I see we went to the same school.

17. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

So NaNoWriMo is over for another year - how did everyone do?

18. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hold on give me a sec - need to paste it into that validator and see what I get.

Word Count: 74 / 50,000

19. Terry

Terry Member

@Kindler 74 words - so two words a day?

You speed demon you. ::rofl::

It's still more than me.

20. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I had a good 15 minutes dedicated to NaNo.

After that, it we downhill all the way.

Site Sponsors