Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

NaNoWriMo 2020

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Bookangel, September 30, 2020.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

This is the annual thread for NaNaWriMo, to discuss what you plan to do, and whether you are taking part. It is not known yet whether they have fixed the problems from last year, so we are leaving the Word Count up. Are there any updates or new features that users would like us to add?

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

I see you got their spam too. Seriously, I wasn't going to bother. Discourse is so disabled-unfriendly it isn't funny. If we're going to update to XF2.2 we'll need to do it before NaNoWriMo. I wouldn't want to tackle that with it in full swing.

3. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

That is something to consider. Email me.

4. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

I don't do Nano:oops:. Good luck writers:up: ! I want to read your books!

5. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

I'm going for it again, just gimme me ideas. Does the Word Count show different projects, so I can tell the difference between nthis year and last?

6. porridge

porridge Member

@tirial, ye gonna put ye're cheaty version up?

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Oh no. Is it that time of year again?

Time to do my usual 5k words in the first week and then never touch it for the rest of the month.

8. I have read from a friend's post. She's on this novel writing attempts. She has made known the number of words which has written per day.

I admire her for she's a prolific writer. She could write a 5,000 words a day. I have no proof to see if she does.

By the way, this is the 2nd time I have heard about this NaNoWriMo. I haven't paid much attention for it's impossible for me to reach 50,000 words till November 2020.

Anyway congratulations to those who have made it.

9. I have read from a friend's post. She's on this novel writing attempts. She has made known the number of words which has written per day.

I admire her for she's a prolific writer. She could write a 5,000 words a day. I have no proof to see if she does.

By the way, this is the 2nd time I have heard this Na

10. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Ok - I guess it's time for me to check that the Scribblings Word Count check is working.

If anyone wants a count reset let me know.

If anyone wants to keep multiple counts for consecutive NaNoWriMo events, let me know and I'll see what I can do (assuming I haven't already done it and forgotten). ;)

Site Sponsors