Quantcast

No Deal Brexit?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Reader, 22 Jul 2018.

1. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I believe I may be getting old, but the more the media tells me of all the awful, awful, things that will occur if there is no deal, the less I find myself believing them. It has escalated from "the pound might dip" to "seventeen mile tailbacks" and the end of all trade.

2. porridge

porridge Member

Nay lass. Yer forgetting the end of all life on earth, dogs'n'cats living together...

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Well, from our point of view, WTO trade terms have actually been pretty good. They are what we trade with all our customers under, after all.
    (You know, after Junkers announced that small businesses shouldn't trade with the Single Market unless they could handle 81 different VAT rates and track all their customers for ten years... :mad:)

4. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

5. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

What!?

6. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Silly people, life on earth ended when the people voted leave in the referendum. After all, they spent enough time telling us it would happen if they did.

This is the end of the afterlife coming up.:rolleyes:

7. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

EU Digital VAT.

They lowered the VAT threshold to 0, and required it to be paid to the country where the transaction took place. Paypal and other processors for small firms don't track this data.

8. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Did the reading. How the hell did I miss THAT!