Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Occupy Games Workshop!

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Tregaron, 6 Jan 2016.

1. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

2. porridge

porridge Member

Isn't GW the evil enemy of all geeks after they stopped selling RPGs in their stores, you know, around 1982?

3. tirial

tirial Member

LMFAO

*Shuffles in front of cupboard* *Closing door* Models? What models? Nothing to see here.

4. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

You know after LotR - I always expected to see Twilight and Hunger Games card games, board games and figurines, or whatever the next main fantastical product was.

5. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I hope those are metal miniatures...

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

Where's the story? I was trying to share it and its gone :(

7. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

8. porridge

porridge Member

Prolly pulled 'cos GW have no sense of humour.

I liked the sarky comment about "opening 3 paint pots and breaking a paintbrush, causing £400 of damage." Prices must've gone up a bob or two since I went there.

9. Terry

Terry Member

Those games used to be great fun to play, that's used to be as in decades ago.

After the millionth rewrite of a ruleset to make it incompatible with the last ruleset, you get a bid jaded.

10. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Mucking around with little figures on a tabletop with a ruler and some cutouts. Never understood it.

Ok, when they're painted they look great and the grimdark background is a cool read. But the games never made much sense.

11. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I wonder if they have run out of franchises to pillage?

12. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Give em 20 years and I'm sure they'll find something cool again.

13. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Their problem may be more finding people to play it. Those older fans they don't want any more are the parents of the new fans they are trying to recruit, and if parents don't like a company they won't spend money there no matter how much the children pester.

14. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Heh, well considering the biggest thing now is Marvel, they've got no chance of tapping that market cos Disney owns it all.

Guess they're stuffed for the next 10 years until something different comes along.

15. tirial

tirial Member

Is this the right time to mention the skyscraper ad on the site is promoting Warhammer? :D

16. Terry

Terry Member

Yeah, but is it Games Workshop or one of the many licenced spinoffs?