Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Pitch Parties

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by C. Lee McKenzie, 9 Mar 2017.

1. What do you think about Twitter Pitch Parties? There's one coming up in a few months with the promise of several agents and editors to be there. I'll post the information if anyone's interested.

HattieMoon likes this.
  2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Gotta ask what a Pitch Party is?

...searching...searching...

That makes a certain amount of sense. Please post the details, because someone is likely to be looking for an event like that and the wider the word is spread, the better.

I may not be even close to having a manuscript but I would be interested to see it in action and it's given me a great idea for a game.

3. Great! Here's the information.
    [​IMG]
    Hashtag #IWSGPit

July 27, 2017, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time

All writers and authors are invited to participate in our very first Twitter Pitch. Create a Twitter-length pitch for your completed and polished manuscript and leave room for genre, age, and the hashtag. On July 27, Tweet your pitch. If your pitch receives a favorite/heart from a publisher/agent check their submission guidelines and send your requested query. Many writers have seen their books published from a Twitter pitch - it’s a quick and easy way to put your manuscript in front of publishers and agents.

Books Bits 'n Bobs likes this.
  4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Love the name of the group - just imagining all these authors sending each other feelgood messages that yes the novel is fine.

Hey @Bookangel - anything you can do to help - like add it to the email or something?

HattieMoon likes this.
  5. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Thank you for the head's up. I'll be there.

6. I've been in the group since 2009 and amazed at how they've grown. Mostly they say, "You can do it." I was impressed enough to take on the job of Social Media Liaison with them when they were voted one of the top 10o Websites for Writers this year. Here's their direct link if you'd like to see what else they do for writers. Looking forward to seeing a lot of bookangels at the pitch party.

7. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I think we can arrange a tweet or two, when I can speak to our IT staff and get more than snores back. The London Book Fair seems to have worn them out.

C. Lee McKenzie likes this.
  8. HattieMoon

HattieMoon Member

This is a great idea, thanks for posting it C Lee McKenzie. I have dabbled with NaNo before, and have a few friends who have taken their writing further so will pass this on. It's a bit like one-sided speed dating for book ideas.

9. Miranda

Miranda Member

I didn't know what a pitch party was until today. Thanks for sharing that information. I was just reading up on the advantages of such an event and I think this could really benefit some of the aspiring writers here.

10. Context

Context New Member

As much as I have to get dragged kicking and screaming into new technology, I think this sounds like a great idea. It's too late this year for me take part, but hopefully next year.

11. Miranda

Miranda Member

I agree. Now that we know what it is and how it can help us we have time to get ready for the next one. I for one will definitely make the most of it when I take part.

12. Meryl

Meryl Member

I'm going to be eagerly anticipating the next pitch party as well. I think it's a great opportunity for a lot of us here and thanks for sharing that link.

13. HattieMoon

HattieMoon Member

C. Lee McKenzie, I just noticed your status - did you find an earlier pitch party? Sounds like a positive outcome, tell us more if you are happy to share. What happens next?

14. I did, but at the last minute. I jumped in and had a request for a full, but nothing came of it. At least, I experienced what it was like. I'm not pitching at the July 27th party, but I will be moderating, so give me a shout out and I'll retweet your pitch!

15. Hope to see you there July 27th.

16. LOL. Thanks for the Tweets!

17. I hope you'll jump in.

18. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure we can manage something

19. Is anyone here planning to participate? It sounds like a good opportunity! Unfortunately, I actually have to write something first. I hope you all receive lots of pitches, C. Lee McKenzie.

20. Julia

Julia Member

I have never heard of a pitch party but I am so intrigued now! I am not ready to pitch a manuscript right now but I am working on it. Any idea of when the next one will be? I definitely want to be ready for the next one.