Quantcast

RailPlan 2020

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Terry, 20 May 2018.

1. Terry

Terry Member

I calling it here - it's going to be a disaster.

So all the train times by several of the operators are going to change completely. I know which train I am now supposed to catch, but if today is any indication, it will be canceled, then the next one canceled and the third one delayed.

Do I trust Southern Rail - after all these years are you kidding?

You will know how successful it is by whether I post here or in the Good News forum :)

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Well, I tried to do my daily trip today. Usually it takes 15 minutes. I started at 11:00 and by 1:00 I had arrived. I walked it.

It wasn't helped because I needed to renew my ticket and all three stations along the route had their ticket offices closed until 1 o'clock. I know because I stopped at each... Southern Fail strikes again.

3. Terry

Terry Member

Yep, I was right to stick it in here. All I can gather is that "Operational Incident" is the new "It's broke and don't work".

Total Southern Fail today with trains in being 1/2 hr late and trains back being cancelled. Totally ridiculous.

Best joke I heard today was that we now had more choice of cancelled trains for us to moan about.

4. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

I can also confirm that it was a complete joke today as well, and I really have very little hope that tomorrow will be any better.

Same old, same old Southern Fail.

5. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

And I can confirm a few days into the plans of our glorious rail leaders, they they are still attempting to articulate their inadequacies in a manner which doesn't paint them in the worst possible light and failing miserably.

Trains are still cancelled, delayed, halted by bad signals etc. etc.

Don't forget your delay repay claims.

7. jessica

jessica Active Member

Why is Northern Rail kinda taking Southern as a target to aim for:confused:? I had to go up north for work, and the delays and rubbish service seem to be spreading:((. Please, can we have trains that run on time:(? Please:((?

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well, it's gotten slightly better. At least they are consistent about which trains are being cancelled and those that are being run are only 5 minutes late on average.

It's definitely an improvement.