Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Reader-Review-a-thon 2020

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Reader, September 21, 2020.

1. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

As I am quite tired of shelter in place and the many other charming limits that have come up over the last year, I am considering doing another Lizz-Lund-a-thon. It is, I hope, a way to ease myself back into regular reviewing. These are eight hours of reading and reviewing as many books from one series or theme as I can. Two things would be required:

First, I would be grateful for suggestions of authors, or genres, that might require the attention of a particularly vitriolic critic.

Second, unless all these books are free, Amazon.co.uk vouchers to purchase the books for review.

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

I'll throw in a fiver. I have no idea what to suggest you read.

3. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Well, I've come across quite a few series of three books, but I'm not sure if they would be to your taste. It's surprising how many urban paranormal YA go that way.

I've seen how fast you read, you'll need at least five of those to keep you occupied.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I take it romance series are out of the question then? :silent:

5. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

As I doubt you want an entire day of Reader Reviews Romance, that would be fair. Besides, I would have to slow down to truly get my teeth into those books. I might only get one truly and completely assessed, red-penned, and, I suppose you could call it, reviewed.

6. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

Most people saying they're being distracted over a Romance or Erotica book mean something pretty different. But somehow I'm thinking sharks here.

It would be hilarious. Please do.

7. atry

atry Member

Am I hearing Jaws music?

Site Sponsors