Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Sean Connery

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Angel, October 31, 2020.

1. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Farewell to thee, Sir Sean Connery, for me the only James Bond there ever was, not to mention all the other roles he played during his time.

He was certainly an icon through out his career, and always seemed to play the Scottish variant of Irish, Latvian, American and so on. If you heard his voice you knew what you were going to get.

Ah my, he will be missed.

2. Terry

Terry Member

Yeah, heard the news about this. They'll probably try and bury the lockdown details behind it.

He always did well out of the Bond role even if he came to hate it. I don't know if he got the Oscar for the Untouchables because it was such a great performance or because he had really earned it by that point.
    But yeah, another one from that era of actors gone.

3. I'm late with my reply to this one, but 2020 has made me late to just about everything. I'm with Angel, Munificent Critic. Sir Sean Connery was James Bond. The rest were imitations. I plan a binge watch of his films to round out the year. Here's to an accomplished actor who made my heart pump a bit faster every time I watched him on the screen.

Site Sponsors