Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars VII + spoilers

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by CatInASuit, 27 Dec 2015.

1. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

So, anyone else, seen this one yet?

I though it was ok - JJ Abrams managed not to ruin it and the new characters are ok and I guess its nice to see the old cast passing the torch on.

It's just a bit of a shame that it's more of a retread of the original film

and of course, the biggest plot point is:
    Where did Rey get those Force powers from? From Zero to Hero in the time it take to pluck a lightsabre from the snow.

As for poor Han Solo, yeah, I saw that one coming a mile off.

2. atry

atry Member

Most people would've put the second one in a spoiler box *fume*.

But yeah, it wasn't bad. More spectacle than plot, but then it's Star Wars. Deep writing is not its thing. With JJ Abrams gone for the next one, it might take a more interesting turn.

Yeah, that Han bites it was pretty obvious from the second he walked onto the bridge. Of the Falcon. But I was really disappointed in the way he went out. If I can see it coming, so should he!

3. Terry

Terry Member

Oh come on, it was fantastic!!

It's a great movie, you don't go there to think about it, just relax and watch the action.

The lightsaber battles were great, the new cast fitted right in and the old cast were great. Loved watching the dogfights and they blew up an even bigger Death Star, er...Starkiller.

Biggest and best movie of the year, easy.

4. porridge

porridge Member

Meh. Least they were trying to kill each other with swords, not dancing with 'em. Ant-man was better.

5. Terry

Terry Member

Ant-man was ok, not as good as SW:TFA, but it was kinda funny.

Anyway, seeing as they didn't find the body, I'm betting Solo will be back in the next one.

6. porridge

porridge Member

Thought they killed him off to save the casting cost.

7. jessica

jessica Active Member

I hate to break it to you but he's on the cast list for the next one :D

The action scenes were great. Who cares about the plot? 'k, so that wasn't great. The whole movie kinda felt like a prologue.

8. Terry

Terry Member

Told ya he'd be back.

Next one looks great, I mean the ending just sets it up nicely for next time. I mean those dogfights between the TIE Fighters and the X-Wings were so much better than before.

Besides, they have three movies to fit everything in, so why rush it all at once. It's a bigger cast so they'll have to take their time setting it all up.

Oh yeah, I will admit one thing though. Snoke looks like an oversize Gollum, but thats not surprising is it?

9. jessica

jessica Active Member

Wasn't that because he was a hologram, like the huge Emperor's face in Empire Strikes Back?

10. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

It's not really my cup of tea, although you can't go anywhere without it being advertised in one place or another.

11. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

It's a good movie, plenty of popcorn moments.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with the next one and hopefully explain a few of the things left hanging, like Rey's parentage, what did Luke get up to, why is Kylo Ren so whiny...

12. skye

skye Member

I've just seen it. I really thought it was going to be Luke under the mask, and I got a very "Joker" feeling from the way Kylo Ren moved. When the mask came off I was really disappointed.

13. Terry

Terry Member

Luke ??? as Kylo Ren ??? He was always down as being much younger and a new apprentice?

Which planet are you from again? :D

14. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Presumably a planet that's very good at avoiding spoilers.

15. atry

atry Member

16. Terry

Terry Member

Yeah that sucks. She's the main lead of the film...or is she going to be sidelined into being Finn's sidekick or just plain nerfed by committee. I don't want another two films following the janitor thanks.

Marvel/Disney has a crappy line in female toys unless its a Disney Princess and I bet having a strong female character is giving them a headache.

17. porridge

porridge Member

Dunno. If it's a janitor escaping the empire, blowing sh-stuff up, getting into lightsaber duels and raiding a planet killer, I can watch a few more like that. Bit odd about the toys though. I don't remember any trouble getting Leia toys when I was a kid.

18. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I believe you will find that's because the Leia toys were not necessarily aimed at children.

19. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

This one certainly was. Of course, I would never own such a thing.

I had the bounty hunter disguise version...and the diplomat.

20. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Somehow I can totally picture you as Boba Fett instead.