Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen Award for Distinctive Cats 2020

Discussion in 'Site News' started by CatInASuit, September 5, 2020.

1. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Just a brief update on the award to answer a few questions.

While we had planned it for this year, with everything going on due to the current pandemic, we were not able to run it as we had hoped.

We have not forgotten about it and still hope to run it next year, while still raising money to help cats.

2. Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker New Member

This would be nice. Pets may be given importance and value on how they are being raised like the human.

I'm interested to.know what the criteria for this Stephen award for distinctive cat. I'm just curious.

Why is it called Stephen award? Who is Stephen? Is he a cat lover?

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

Thanks for asking. Stephen was our cat, and an honourary founder of Bookangel. He loved books and newspapers - especially to sleep or on knock on the floor (or shred cartoons of David Cameron. Only David Cameron. I don't know why.). After he died, the award was set up to commemorate him.

The Stephen Award is for any book with a cat as a leading character, and raises funds for CatChat, a cat rehoming charity.

There's more here: The Stephen Memorial Book Award

Site Sponsors