Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

testing 2019

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Bookangel, November 1, 2019.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

testing database problem

2. Bookangel

@tirial @CatInASuit there's something very odd going on. I thought I'd fixed this but I seem to have done something wrong.

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

testing this out through notice scheduler.

4. tirial

Right, I have tested this out. According to the error log there are around 1400 messages affected, and having seen PR's I know why we have so many.

Some posts have gone into the board's scheduled announce system rather than going live. This problem seems to happen if a user uses the edit option, or if admin functions are used, which is why the posts you tried to fix went a bit awry.

I think I've fixed the cause, but I'm not in a position right now to recover the posts, since I have a rather ill cat requiring 24-hour care. If you can wait until 7 when I'll have someone to give me a hand we'll see if we can patch the missing posts. Meanwhile, please keep recovering the threads you can, it makes it easier to move things in the database later.

Would you be averse to switching to vBulletin?

Last edited by a moderator: November 1, 2019
  5. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Ok - having a look now, no idea what it might be.

Actually, would probably help if I read the thread first to find out what is wrong. :D

6. Bookangel

testing notice system

7. tirial

Okay, what was happeneing was a lot of posts were going into either the scheduler or error systems. The content of the posts was saved but metadata attached like poster, date, etc. was chewed up. The complication is that the notice system only allows future dates, so posts moved to it have been scattered randomly through space and time.

We are recovering them manually. Give us time.

8. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

With any luck it should be recovered by now.

If there are any more glitches - I'm blaming the gremlins.

Site Sponsors