Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The sub forums have all been merged into Time for Tea. Hugs and Good News remain seperate and may be removed rather than merged due to confidentiality concerns.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanking Bus Drivers

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by jessica, July 4, 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Do you thank your bus driver? I used to, but now I've moved the busses have changed. You don't get off by the driver here, so I kinda have to yell thanks down the bus and it feels awkward:(.

2. Gemini

Gemini Member

I do. I always thank someone when they've provided a service. I'm one of those people who are quick to reply to anything with a, "Thank you," even when it's not the appropriate response at all though. I can see how that would feel awkward but I'm sure they appreciate it. I know I would in their situation. I'd imagine it can be a thankless job sometimes.

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I think we have the same buses, but most people just raise their voice and yell down to the driver as they get off. Shouting might not be etiquette-approved, but trying to get up to the cab and shout isn't practical. Some people who walk passed the driver's end of the bus after getting off also wave if the bus hasn't pulled away yet.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Yeah, it's kinda cool to see a whole group of people get off and hear this stream of "Thank you driver" as they depart.

Double points if its kids on a morning school run.

The other trick I have is to look down to the rear view mirror and say it to that because that is where the driver is watching people get off, so you can see his reaction.

Site Sponsors