Quantcast

The End of an Era (Site closing).

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by tirial, 9 May 2018.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

My favourite board is closing! Sniff.

I remember the board from when it was on Deplhi.

All the best to the owner, and I'm really going to miss that place.

(No, not this board. You dreadful lot are too much hard work to be my favourite.)

2. porridge

porridge Member

Aww. Will try harder.

3. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Please don't. As an admin, believe me, you're trying hard enough.

4. Twik

Twik New Member

Hi, atirial! We'll try to all keep together, so the feeling of the old board doesn't die.

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Which board is that?

It's always sad when a board closes especially if it's been around for ages.

6. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I completely agree. The other board is commonly known as e-hell, although I believe there is a trademark issue with naming the board's full name. It will close by the 7th June. @tirial asked whether they could put new boards on our forum and, as it doesn't increase our costs, I agreed.

afbluebelle likes this.
  7. atry

atry Member

If it's not costing anything, go for it. Has anyone told @Angel yet? She will fit right in.

@Twik, I'd like welcome to our new etiquette members.

8. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I thought the boards looked different. It is nice to see new faces, although it is such a shame about the circumstances. I wish our new members all the best.

As for Ehell closing its forums, I find myself simply shocked. While I have followed the stories and blog from before the days of wordpress, I never joined the forums. They always seemed a pleasant place. Why are they closing?

9. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Because after 22 years of the site, and 14 years for the forum, Ehelldame is retiring and downscaling the site to its main site only. I wish her all the best.