Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The sub forums have all been merged into Time for Tea. Hugs and Good News remain seperate and may be removed rather than merged due to confidentiality concerns.
    Dismiss Notice

The Like button

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by jessica, July 14, 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Do you use the Like button? I guess I should use it more, but I don't cos I tend to have lots to say about posts I like;) and then someone likes me :)I feel guilty::unsure:: cos I'm not giving out likes:((.

2. Jackie

Jackie Member

I use it sporadically. I don't really know what makes me click it sometimes. Perhaps it's a residual habit from Facebook. I usually hope it goes without saying that I like everything you all contribute.

3. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

You should not feel guilty. I do not know about other posters, but I like having people comment more than getting likes. I can reply to a comment, but what should I say to a Like? Thanks?

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I can now imagine a thread with only one poster:
    Poster: First Post - 49 likes
    and then
    Poster: Thanks
    Poster: Thanks... ad infinitum.

5. jessica

jessica Active Member

That would be awful:confused:! And funny:p?

6. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

I like posts when I would have said the same thing, because I know I don't like reading essentially the same thing over and over. Especially when someone is asking for opinions. They can see if many people agree with one thing without slogging through a dozen posts that say the same thing.

7. porridge

porridge Member

Mostly funny. Don't give an f if I get liked or not.

8. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Did...did porridge just self-censor? I believe I may be hallucinating, because I can't believe my eyes.

9. porridge

porridge Member

'cos I'm showin maners on the etiquette board. don't get used to it.

Site Sponsors