Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

The Pit of Churls - for knightly observation

Discussion in 'Games' started by porridge, September 16, 2020.

1. porridge

porridge Member

For us unknightly sods. Bring y'popcorn & tomarties!

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I have unlocked this thread, as I understand the desire to comment on the game. I will be watching this very closely, and the posting rules still apply. If it degenerates I will lock it.

Edit to add: I have changed the thread name. @porridge, you have been warned for comments about the game before it even started. That is a record even for you. Keep it fun, and keep it kind, or I'll set the collies on you.

Last edited: September 17, 2020
  3. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

I'm here with popcorn. Beats another night of youtube.

4. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Oh dear, Jessica is obviously not at her best. There was not a single smilie in that post.

5. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Sir Jowen: MeMeMeMeMeMe!
    Sir Antor: What he said.

6. porridge

porridge Member

Ah, t'lass's got enormous ... tracts of lands.

7. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I mnust disagree. I believe the manor was described as moderate. Sufficient for a single knightly holding.

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Starts chorus of "In days of old, when knights were bold..."

Let's see how bold these two are gonna be. ::coffee::

9. Duckie

Duckie New Member

Come back with your shields, or on them!

10. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

On dear. I think that that is a very large heart to be gladdened, @jessica.

11. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Lady Elena: Be still my heart!
    @jessica: Fresh Meat!

12. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I'm guessing that Knights aren't meant to be running around with chickens.

Just what was he going to do with it?

13. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis New Member

Watch the GM get rid of it really fast. Exunt chicken, stage left! Holy chicken feathers, did Lady Elena's stuff get dark quick.

14. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

For the record, that wasn't exactly the backstory I gave her, but oh can I roll with this. *Rubs hands in evil GM Manner*

Exunt chicken!

Yeah, I really wasn't sure where that was going. Mallory didn't have any examples of what to do with them, or cases of knights with chickens under their arms...

15. skye

skye Member

I've never read Mallory. I know about King Arthur, but am I missing something?

16. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Mallory did the original collation of tales about King Arthur in the Middle Ages from all the legends and tales that were kicking around.

17. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I have to say, as far as I am aware there are no chickens mentioned in Mallory, although there may be some in the Mabinogion. It has been many years since I last read it. There are some in the Sword of Truth series, so if you want to add a truly evil chicken, you could do worse than take inspiration from there. Or do better and do not feature one at all.

I do very much hope that the game will continue though, as I am curious to see how this plays out.

18. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

"And so, soon after, the lady and Merlin departed, and by the way Merlin showed her many wonders, and came into Cornwall. And always Merlin lay about the lady to have her maidenhood, and she was ever passing weary of him, and fain would have been delivered of him, for she was afeard of him because he was a devil's son, and she could not beskift him by no mean. "

It is a little raunchier than most believe and, unlike Chaucer, does not require translations and a dictionary.

Read it here: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1251/1251-h/1251-h.htm

19. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Uh, Jessica, that's tirial's husband...

20. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

Trust me, I am well aware....*GM grin gets wider*

Site Sponsors