Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

The Pit of Churls - for knightly observation

Discussion in 'Games' started by porridge, September 16, 2020.

1. Threadmarks: Warning - do not Report Posts as a Joke.
    Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

A Warning to all Users:

Do Not flag posts in the game thread, or anywhere else on the board, as a joke. It moves the post to moderation and it will not appear until an admin, a moderator, or myself, restore it.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

So am I. :whistle:

3. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis New Member

Brave, brave, Sir Robin Jowan

4. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

"Oh, I am certain Sir Jowen and Sir Antor can protect me." Flutter, flutter....

I repeat: Fresh Meat.

5. skye

skye Member

I didn’t think Mallory wrote the man-starved demure damosel?

6. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

He didn’t, but he did write Lynette, the Damosel Sauvage who could eviscerate knights with words, so there is a precedent for Lady Elena, even if the Lady is rather forward.

7. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Forward as in...front-facing?

8. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

I see what you did there. And she does have her good points right up front.

9. Post-Life Crisis

So Lady Elena walks into a a bar....Jokes aside, how gorgeous are we talking?

10. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

I rolled a base app of 34, and her Women’s Gift is Beautiful Face. For contrast Guinevere in the base rules has an app of 30, which the rules say is the highest in the game.

I have a house rule I tend to use in play here: As the highest a character can roll is 36, I upped Guinevere’s to 40, so she crits every App roll automatically and no other woman comes close, which seems reasonable for the legendary Queen of Logres.

11. Post-Life Crisis

Thanks @tirial. I was trying to figure out how you were working the rules.

12. tirial

I rolled the character sheets from their descriptions. I’m making checks during each stage and at the end of each stage moving the sliders depending on how they act and what I roll. Then I rewrite the next bit to accommodate those value shifts in how the knight sees things. If a character starts to fall strongly in one direction, it is going to be harder for the player to pull back, just like it is in the tabletop game but with the rolls concealed and without the GM warning them that checks are due so the actions flow more naturally.

I’ve been gaming for 40 years, if I can’t steer a player or two I should hang up my dice!

13. Duckie

Duckie New Member

Squawk, squawk...Chicken, chicken?

14. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

:eek::eek:You've been gaming longer than I've been alive!?!o_O:confused:

15. tirial

::geek::::coffee:: (Now I feel old...)

Yes, OK, Mallory doesn’t include Sir Lancelot bravely going on quests with a chicken, & I got a bit thrown. I could have made it an evil chicken, I was so sorely tempted, but instead the chicken was forcibly GM-rehomed to the place for chickens-not-on-this-quest. It's the whole thing that a knight giving someone a chicken is an real insult - they're the nobility, they have money and swords and do quests - but I let him off because he was a squire about twelve hours ago and hadn't learned better.

The Loathly Damosel is a canon character, so they may well run into her again. A certain knight will be getting a small interaction bonus for the best laugh she's had in years...

Seriously I would like a few more players. I went with this scenario as an introduction because it is a chance to debate knightly virtues and get player interaction, but two of the players pulled out for work commitments. With four or five knights, I can do daily updates or get back and forth going even if a few players don't post, but with two knights and a lady it is a lot harder. I really need all three to post regularly, to keep momentum up.

If anyone wants to join in, please do.

16. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well they have made it to the castle. Now to see if they can get out as easily as they got in.

I'm thinking lobster trap here.

17. tirial

Look, I might be closing this soon. I keep having to wait on one player to post, and I know CIAS is having to nudge. This isn't really a scenario that can be run with one knight, especially not once we reach Sir Daine's castle.

Sorry.

18. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Before anyone asks - the game is on hiatus until the US election is over and we can all stop worrying/start expecting the apocalypse and things all go back to normal.

The certain variations of the word - normal.

19. tirial

Anyone following my blog on the board will guess why the game is on hiatus. The further medical complication not previously mentioned is a burn to my mouth inflicted by the instruments which is painful and distracting, and making it very hard to focus on writing a good game.

My nano is also lagging.

I'm hoping to be able to resume by the end of the week.

20. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

:eek:OUCH!:mad: You Okay?:(

Site Sponsors