Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Review The Wake of the Dragon

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bookangel, 1 Nov 2017.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

The Wake of the Dragon

[​IMG]
    Steampunk and speculative fiction fans will probably adore it.

Continue reading...

Last edited: 1 Nov 2017
    Anna likes this.
  2. Anna

Anna Member

This is a glowing review of what sounds like an amazing book. I've never read a novel centered around a desire for opium; how intriguing! Also, dynamic characters who subvert expectations? That makes this a need-to-read. Thanks for the great review.

3. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I picked this up on @Reader's say so through the boards and I could not put it down. The Victorian genre of "Scientific Romance" is about all I can fit to this: real people, in a real Vicorian world of slums and pirates, and airships. The entire book's difference to the real world could be summed up as "If airships had been invented fifty years earlier and become the main source of transport..."

4. Donna

Donna Member

Wow! What a review. Makes me want to read this right away. It also reminds me of Ruby in the Smoke by Phillip Pullman. That was one that I couldn't put down. I do hope this one will be the same. Thank you!

5. I agree. Your review was very tantalizing. I also think the cover is a winner! I'm not much into Steampunk, but I may have to reevaluate.