Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch trailer - JFCWTFBBQ

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Post-Life Crisis, October 11, 2020.

1. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis New Member

This is a fucking, painful, piece of shit. Christ, we know actors have no shame, but this proves it. What the motherfucking hells have they done to Veterinari? Not watching. Want the actors to never work again.

Arseholes.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

No, just no. This is nothing like the book and from some comments I've seen, it gets worse.

I can't even place the characters against the ones from the novel. I think I know who Vimes, Vetinari, Lady Sybil, Carrot and Angua are supposed to be, but it is so crash, jump cut, bang, jump cut, zoom, jump cut, wheeee, that it makes no sense as to what is going on.

Trailers are supposed to give you that hook into the story. This is the sloppiest of lazy writing where they just expect Pratchett fans to just turn up as it has his name on it.

Much as I hate to say it, I hope it crashes and burns so badly they will not try anything again unless it resembles the books.

On a side note, I have no problem with gender flipping some of the roles, but they still have to bring forth the essence of what made those characters.

3. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

And I thought Pterry and his estate had made it quite clear they did not approve of fan-fiction. While they may have legal grounds to object to it, after this this...creation...they cannot be said to have any moral grounds at all. The big difference of course is that fanfiction writers, or at least those that are good, have some degree of respect for the source material they are working from. The television writers do not.

If his estate wishes his works to be ground into the dirt, then I can see why they would be so opposed to the people that actually care about them writing for them.

I sincerely hope this trailer does not represent the series accurately, but I fear it will. I shall not be watching to find out.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Who is this guy wearing eyeliner? I didn't quite catch the name, but I think it was Mimes wasn't it?

I remember a book called "Guards, Guards", not one called "The Watch", so it's not a real adaption is it. ::devil::

5. Terry

Terry Member

Where to begin, other than is this the level the BBC have slunk to nowadays.

It's so dependent on the name that it is making little pretence at getting it right and making a right shitshow of it. Everyone is using the `inspired by` line instead of adaptation. It will suck.

When Sonic the hedgehog came out and there was a massive backlash from the fans, they listened went away and made it better. I don't see it happening here, some executive is just trying to count the dollar signs.

It needs to be ignored, given no air time and forgotten like a p.air of socks down a sofa, where the only thing remaining is a slight mysterious smell that everyone ignores.

6. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Looks like all the Pratchett fans are Going Postal over the new series.

When is starts hitting the mainstream UK press, in this case:The Grauniad, you know you may have got it wrong.

7. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

When Rhianna Pratchett and the Pratchett estate disowns it, you know it is going to bomb hard. It seems this is the Fant4stic of the Discworld.

Site Sponsors