Quantcast

Theresa May on the way?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by atry, 15 Nov 2018.

1. atry

atry Member

By which I mean, is she actually going this time?

2. jessica

jessica Active Member

Oh please. Oh please. E:coldsweat:I'm on the edge of my seat! Is it two or three cabinet minsters gone now::coffee::?

3. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Hah. Promises, Promises....

Will someone just pull the trigger already?

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Shailesh Vara
    Esther McVay
    Dominic Raab

All these ministers resigning seems rather familiar. Oh yes, it happened last time she brought what she called a good deal to the table. It was Chequers. Has she considered bringing a bad deal and seeing if it gets a better response?

(Seriously, what will it take to get them to give her a push?)

5. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Press conference at 5 p.m. If she has any honour she'll resign for the sake of the country. Oh, I crack me up.

Ladies'n' gents, roll up and place your bets on:
    • She's pretending nothing happened.
    • She's going to call a general election
    • She's resigning and naming a successor she thinks will be worse.
    • She's calling a vote of confidence in herself
    • She's going to shout "surprise" and present a competantly negotiated Brexit plan.

6. tirial

I missed a few:
    Suella Braverman
    Anne-Marie Trevelyan
    Ranil Jayawardena
    Rehman Chiti

I wish they would stop saying Penny Mordaunt is on "resignation watch". It gives me the image of uniformed orders following her from room to room, just ready to spring into action if she gets near a pen.

7. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I fear mine must be: whatever will do the most damage to the country. Her judgement has proven lacking before.

8. tirial

Put me down for "She's pretending nothing happened." with a side order of "defending her deal" lightly seasoned with "national interest", "best deal available" and "no deal is not an option".

9. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Press delayed. She's late to her own funeral. Any final bets?

10. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

MOD NOTE:
    I know you are all excited, but please hit submit only once. The mod queue is getting flooded. I'm taking time away from obsessively watching the BBC's live feed to let messages through.

11. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

She has a brilliant plan that fixes everything.

Nah. I'll go for a more likely option. Aliens abduct her.

12. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

And @tirial nails it! I mean, its like youre psychic.

13. tirial

No, I just thought what was the worst and least principled thing she could do and bet on it. She's predictable.

I'm tired of it. She claims "leadership is about taking the right decisions not the easy ones" so why doesn't she? Resigning without spite and passing the leadership on like a dignified person is difficult, but instead she's pulling a Heath.

'I believe in my deal' is a fine line and completely true: this is her deal, not the country's and not parliament's. It is good for her, but not the country. It was negotiated by her and civil servants, not the parliamentry politicians who represent the country.

The disappointing thing is that she's so isolated from the issues of business and day-to-day life that she probably honestly does not see the problems with it.

14. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Um. Hasn't anyone told her the politcians are supporting her? The people hate her guts, and that's pretty universal.

15. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I find myself amazed. It seems that on the same day as May was presenting her plan, amid the claims that failure to sign might cost lives, the EU was making a decision which will almost certainly cost lives, and more if we are bound by it for the foreseeable future.

The EU has banned the government subsidies used to ensure peak time electricity is available, moving the cost onto the consumer. This will adversely affect the elderly and poor, those who receive fuel subsidies and those who do not work outside the home due to disability.

16. porridge

porridge Member

Ah, don'worry. They're just tryn' a'cull the Brexiteers afore the next ref. Murderin' shites.

17. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Well, I never guessed she would go quite that far...

She's basically agreed to treat Gibraltar differently, and allow Spain a full and total say over any trade agreement with them outside of the charter of the EU.

I'm stunned. :silent:

She is actually on the verge of giving up sovereignty over a part of the UK.

Congrats, she just wrote her name into history, as the worst PM the UK has ever had. Eden must be laughing in his grave at this point in time.

18. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

So...Tuesday then?

The ever-ongoing saga of the UK political parties in crisis at the end of an era of something...something.

Anyone know if she is gong to double down, or back off and go crawling back to the EU for some more concessions?

19. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

48 letters. Is she going with dignity? I joke.

20. tirial

Scuttlebutt is she's resigning at ten. I do feel sorry for her in one way. Allegedly, the European leaders refused to renegotiate and then Tusk or Junker told her there was no point in talking to her.