Quantcast

Things you wanted to know about the board

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Bookangel, 25 Jul 2018.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I have recently received a number of messages about things to do with the board, several of which are of the genus: Many people might want to know but are too polite to ask. A surprising number being about other posters, but there are also a few questions about moderating, functions, etc.

You can ask here, or Start a Conversation with me and I shall either answer or let you know it is safe to ask in public.

2. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

OK, I'll take you up on it. You're strict with the writing. I noticed some of my typos got cleaned up, but what's with porridge? Does he get an old poster pass or what?

3. Bookangel

It is a hold-over from the old pro-boards. In a now vanished conversation, porridge argued that he was Scottish and asking him to suppress his accent was impossible. We agreed, and stated that therefore he was now only allowed to post with it. Failure to do so counts as improper grammar.

This does only apply to him.

4. jessica

jessica Active Member

:D::lol::::rofl:: Reader has him beat there.

5. Meandering

Meandering New Member

If I'm not being rude, is @jessica under a similar thing with smilies?

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

:) Nope!:) :up:I make prettified posts!:love:

7. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Ah. "Prettified" n.b. "Make (someone or something) appear superficially pretty or attractive." (O.E.D.)

Smilies as punctuation was a long debate, and @jessica knows my opinion on the subject. :D This is a smile. It shows my teeth.

8. jessica

jessica Active Member

What happened to Shaylapiete? They posted once and then vanished.

9. Bookangel

Banned.

They posted asking where a mod was. I replied. They then spammed five forums with a thread advertising a blackhat google captcha.

10. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Bit like calling a police officer over and chucking a brick through a window right in front of them...

11. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Is it me, or did a certain admin post a profane message in the Dive this morning?

12. Bookangel

I was reading the newspaper while I was editing. The top story was unexpected and political.